Saturday 10 August 2013

What are the top 3 BB Creams, I hear you ask?



BB Creams are my favourite makeup product during summer, where I am usually quite loathe to put any makeup on at all. I like to give my skin a bit of a break, and go for lighter choices than foundation, so I thought I would share with you the 3 BB Creams I've been loving the most this summer.

My favourite this year has been the little guy I mentioned in my July favourites post, The Body Shop's All-In-One Colour-Adapting tinted BB cream. It give light coverage but you could build it up if you wished, and I loved the fact it was colour-adapting, so you didn't have to worry about whether it was too dark or light for you when you're on holiday and getting a tan. 

 


As you can see, it comes out white, then adapts to your skin colour well and you can rub it in.



The only disappointing thing about this product is that it has a smell. It isn't an unpleasant smell, but I prefer fragrance-free products on my skin. Despite that though, I still love it. It's creamy and light but it still leaves a nice slightly dewy finish to the face.

I also loved Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. It also had a smell but it was still nice and creamy on the skin. It definitely gives more coverage than the Body Shop one, but it still felt light and non-sticky. (The shade I got was medium because I had a tan. Sadly though, it has now completely faded from my face and I'm back to being incredibly pale - we don't get much sun here in Scotland! *sigh* It's only my arms and legs that are still tanned, so I'm going to have to wait till next summer to use this again)





My friend gave me this Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream, because the colour was too dark for her. I've loved using it this summer. It smells too, but I can get past it - what is it with BB Creams and smells?! This one looks quite orange and it is rather yellow-toned but rubbed in it's okay. It feels smooth on my skin. It's a bit heavier than the other two but still lighter than my usual foundation and it gives a light/medium coverage if you put a decent amount on.





What have your favourite skin products been this summer?

Sophie x



No comments:

Post a Comment