Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favourites

I love reading people's monthly favourites, or watching videos on youtube about it, so I thought I would do one that hopefully you would also enjoy reading!



So, first of all I'm going to talk about my favourite beauty items. I have really been loving my Maybelline instant anti-age eraser eye concealer. I don't need it for the age purposes but my dark circles under my eyes need a lot of covering up and this concealer has been great. The sponge applicator is nice and gentle on your skin too.



I have also been loving my Sleek blusher in "Rose Gold". It is such a lovely colour and perfect for Summer time! It is shimmery and catches the light really nicely.





My NYC liquid eyeliner has also been a favourite of mine this month. It is like a felt tip pen, so it is so much easier to apply than a liquid liner with a wand. The colour is very pigmented and not watery too, so an all round great purchase, especially for the very small price it is.



The Collection eye shadow pencils have been a major discovery and love for me this month. The colours are so vibrant and pigmented, it is so easy to apply and it lasts for AGES! Honestly, if I apply it at 9 in the morning, it is still on my eyes, hardly touched at 9 at night, without an eye primer or base or anything, so perfect if you're going to be out all day. The only thing I would say is that there isn't a massive colour selection. I think they currently have 6 colours, with "Hot Chocolate" being my definite favourite, but hopefully they will bring out more!



The Body Shop's colour adapting BB cream has been great this month. Since I've got a tan, my usual foundation is too light, but this BB cream adapts to your skin tone to give you a match of your own exact colour. It was particulary handy when away on holiday as you didn't have to worry what shade you were or what foundation to use. It gives light coverage which is great for summer time when I try and give my skin a break!



My favourite hair product this month has been argan oil. It has been a lifesaver for the heat-damaged frizzy mess my hair gets into in the Summer. I just apply a tiny amount after washing to the ends of my hair and thats it - so easy!

My favourite skin care item this month has been Palmer's cocoa butter formula concentrated cream. Since I've been away on holiday and got a tan, my skin is slightly peeling and very dry now, and this cream has really been effective on softening and moisturising my skin.



My favourite nail polish this month has been Urban Decay "Shine On". It is a lovely light golden-bronzy colour and looks particulary nice with a tan.


With 1 coat on

With 2 coats on


I've been loving many different accessories in July but my favourite was this floral headband from Primark. It is so pretty and summery, and it only cost £2!




Skirts, in particular skater skirts, have been a fashion item I've been loving. Usually doing Summer I live in shorts (or leggings most of the time back in the UK, because let's face it, it's not usually high sunshine here), but this Summer I've made an effort to wear different things and I've been loving wearing skirts more.
Stripey skirt - Primark
Blue denim skirt - River Island
White lace skirt - Matalan

I have also been loving tie dye items - I have made a few of my own tops (have a look at my previous post if you want to learn how to too) and bought myself the tie dye Vans which I am loving at the moment.
Blue and Purple top - handmade by me (if you're interested look at my previous post)
Orange top - New Look
Vans - Vans


Of course, everything I mentioned here I bought with my own money and it is all 100% my own opinion. I hope you enjoyed reading this post!

Sophie x


No comments:

Post a Comment